Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer 2011 Bible Study: Week 3 Day 4

If there is an overly highlighted, book parked and sticky noted portion of scripture in my Bible, this would have to be one of those places. Within my Bible, I have a bookmark that my great grandmother made, it is beautifully crocheted with silk ribbon woven in. And that precious bookmark, sits within this beloved passage of the Word.

So today, we are going to once again mediate on this scripture all day. Take it with you, highlight it in your Bible. Read over it 3 times today. Claim it as truth, written for YOU from YOUR Sweet Jesus as a promise, that will NOT be broken! As we read it, let’s see what the Lord has to say to us, feel free to share what He speaks to you in a comment.

Isaiah 43

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this passage is verses 5-7:
    Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over And over I am told in church that He loves me, but I have never actually read it. That was surreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me this is saying to have no fear, that God will protect us. When we have hard times, God is with us always. HE is our Savior and we are all precious. Amazing and insight verses posted above!

    ReplyDelete