Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Amazing Grace

This is my take on a old hymn that is near and dear to my heart. It speaks to my heart in such powerful ways. My interpretation is in BOLD.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Amazing Grace, bring peace, rest and restoration.
I have been saved by grace alone.
I once was lost, and at times still am.
I was blind, but now I see, even through the fog, I see.


T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Grace has taught my heart to fear,
And Grace has brought my heart peace.
It was beautiful, the moment I first believed in YOU.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

Although times are rough, and people are mean.
I have come to know, that YOU remain.
Grace has kept me safe thus far.
And Grace will lead me to YOU.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

YOU have promised good to me.
Your word is what I cling too.
You are my protector and my life.
Please keep me near.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

I am not perfect and I fail every minute of every day.
I know my life will not last forever,
But YOU, will and YOUR promises remain true.
I want my life to be one of joy and peace, I want it to honor YOU.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

I hold dearly to the FACT that YOU are constant.
Your love for me is unfailing.
So I will praise you with every day YOU give me.
Even if I mess it up!

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Amazing Grace, how precious you are to me.
You have saved me. You continue to save me.
I once was lost and still am. Be near, I am lost right now.
I was blind, and have seen, however, things are foggy and I need you to be near.
Please don’t leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment