Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tears and Talking...

I have recently lost a dear friend I went to high school with. He and his wife were great friends of mine and I love them dearly! Well, as it turns out, my dear friend died unexpectedly last week and his memorial service was on Saturday.

And to be honest, at 29 years old, I am not old enough to start to loose people I love, not to mention those that I love that are my age. I just don't think I am old enough to loose people I went to high school yet... and frankly I am pissed about the entire situation.

I think part of this journey, part of where I am in life, you know, when I have nothing to say AND lots to talk about, is being painfully honest about the things that are going on in our lives. You see, this woman that has been making my life rather tense is still around, and now, the death of a dear friend of mine, all seems to be a little much.

I am not in the business of questioning the Lord, nor am I going to start getting into that type of business. But I am in the business of telling HIM exactly what I think about HIS plan and where I am in my life right now. I think I have come to terms with having nothing much to say, to other people, and LOTS to say to HIM.

After all, HE is my savior, best friend and the greatest secret keeper I have ever told anything to. And I LOVE that about HIM. I don't think my issues are too small for Him, nor do I think they will ever be too big. I don't think I am wasting my time by pouring out my heart and soul to HIM as I cry and talk until I have no tears left.

I love just knowing that HE will wipe my tears away as HE listens to every word I speak. So, the journey continues, I am sure I will stick my foot in my mouth more than once but I am also sure I will talk HIS ear off until the sun comes up. The tears have dried up, and yet I still have more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment